We didn’t start the fire… or cause hyperthyroidism
Speaking of organic building materials, our new BioPhon has passed a fire ignitablity test in which the testers casually leave a smoldering cigarette on our acoustic panels and wait for it to catch fire. Why? To make sure they won’t accelerate fires in our homes. As we swap out synthetic building materials – which are often unhealthy and bad for the environment – with sustainable or organic ones, it’s important that we maintain modern safety standards. Do we lose green points because we dip BioPhon in suspicious chemicals (like the flame retardants mentioned in this NY Times article giving cats hyperthyroidism)? Our way or fire-proofing BioPhon is so not dangerous that you can eat the treatment solution. No joke.